Sunday, January 15, 2012

THE TEST OF TRUST


THE TEST OF TRUST

I lead a way so desolate, I travel a road so lonely,
The road itself forsakes the travellers who step foot on it
Every five steps I meet the scarlet and it sings me to peace
For the next four steps my heart awaits the scarlet
Its songs are the air I breathe and the hope I rest on.

It sings me to strength, It sings me to gay
For being so certain I keep on going
Without caring the loneliness and the pains
Then suddenly I do not hear it anymore.

I keep on going further, for thinking if I missed it
Then suddenly I realized the song is gone
I can hear only my breath and the song repeating in my ears
Now I am only left with myself and the air around me

I close my eyes to gather my hope and strength
As I open my eyes I realize I am left in a desert
Now I don’t even have a path
Till the end of horizon I see nothing but dunes of sand

I thank my Lord and keep travelling towards the sun
I see scorpions and snakes sliding in the water of sand drops
I see my sweat sinking in the sand
I see the sun burning my skin and my clothes
With the hope of hearing the scarlet at the end of torture
I keep burning my heels with the pricks of sand
My lips start drying and eyes start seeing mirages
For I kneel and with all hopes lost, I give up.

Then from the distant horizon of the sky
I hear the distant song of the scarlet
The song rotates and reaches my thirsty ears
I hear the sharp sound of the scarlet
Within a single instant all the sand rises up
And flies by me as if it was never there

The sound is now clearer and with it bring the clouds
I close my eyes with the pleasure of the cold winds
It starts drizzling and as I open my eyes
I am back in my lonely desolate path in the jungle
But I have my friend scarlet with me
Singing for me more than ever before

My heart asks it, “Where were you my friend”
And it replies, “Oh epitome of simplicity,”
“I was misguided by the demon of shyness and mistrust,
It told me that you were a monster
And I should return back if I wanted to live.”

Thus I asked, “then how are u here?”
It says with tears, “for I saw your face withered
And your body tortured, when I close my eyes
Thus my heart called for and I returned”

I was reaching the end of my path 
With my friend near me, I asked no more
But as I reached the end, I saw beauty
I saw nature, I saw paradise in a moment of truth

And then I understood,  my Lord tested me
And thus I reached Him happily with my friend
Thus He tests not only the strength to withstand
But also our trust on others and others on us.

No comments: