Saturday, November 3, 2007

a finance manager - is it a compromise


when i began my career in class 10, wayback in 2000, i had never imagined that i will become a finance manager. honestly speaking, i never read the business-pages of times of india. i avoided them saying to myself, "you will never need them, u are never going that way." but today i read a full newspaper which has only economic and business news.
my family members all say that my shift in career is a God's act. but i am still a researcher from heart. thats why i like finance much more than marketing or HR. finance is unpredictable and cannot be understood easily. i always had a crush on difficult and complex things. i always try to make complex stuff simple. thats why finance attracts me.
the shift in my career is just an indication of His presence. He tries to test us and make us do the things that we never imagine of doing. He is really mysterious.
am i comfortable and do i love finance more than biotech or maths or computer science? the answer to that is not simple. i am atleast not making a compromise. i am doing what i like the best. i may not like finance more than biotech or maths but i do not like it less than biotech or maths. i will give to finance what i gave to biotech and maths... i.e. my heart and my 100%.

No comments: